Once again, the bananas were left too long in the fruit bowl.
I know about Banana Ice Cream (been there, done that), but I’ve been in a baking mood, and decided to try my hand at Banana Bread.
I found this recipe, which was rated Easy and had many positive reviews. I love how the internet has made information so readily accessible!
1 cup of sugar
113.4 grams (8 tablespoons or 1 stick) of unsalted butter, room temperature
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon of milk
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
2 cups of plain flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
(I had SIX extremely ripe bananas, so I doubled the recipe)
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C (325 degrees F). Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
2. Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.
6. Spread slices with honey or serve with ice cream.