Foodful Friday: Ginger Garlic Baked Chicken
Got the recipe from here. I tweaked it a bit.
- 2 kgs chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 heavy dashes white pepper (or to taste)
- Pinch of Chinese five-spice powder (optional)
- Place chicken in baking dish. Gently rub the ginger-garlic paste onto the chicken. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, stir to combine evenly. Pour over chicken drumsticks and stir until the drumsticks are nicely coated with all the ingredients.
Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Place baking tray in the middle of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the surface turn golden brown and charred. Serve warm.
What I was aiming for (pic from here):
What I got: