Thoughtful Thursday: Answer This, Creationists!
One of the blogs I enjoy reading is God of Evolution.
His latest post is entitled 10 Theological Questions No Young-Earth Creationist Can Answer. While I think the word “no” in the title might be slightly off — in his blogpost, he does mention some YECs attempts at some answers — the article is pretty spot-on. Perhaps a more accurate title would be: 10 Theological Questions No Young-Earth Creationists Can Answer Satisfactorily.
If you are not familiar with Tyler Franke’s style of writing, be prepared for some pithy humour which may, or may not, border on snarky depending on your tolerance level.
In summary, here are the questions:
1. What was the point of the tree of life?
2. If human sin is the reason animals die, why can’t they be saved?
3. If physical death is part of the punishment for sin, why do Christians still die?
4. Why was Eve named “mother of life”?
5. How did Adam and Eve know what death was?
6. If the punishment for eating from the tree was that Adam and Eve would physically die … why didn’t they physically die?
7. Can you name any other piece of literature in which the existence of a talking snake and trees with magical powers would suggest to you that it was meant to be taken literally?
8. Why do Genesis 1 and 2 contradict?
9. Why is incest wrong?
10. And finally, if it is so vitally important that Christians take Genesis literally, why did Jesus never once instruct us to take Genesis literally?
Posted on Thursday, June 25th, 2015, in Answers in Genesis, Bible, Bizarre, Christian Living, Church, Creation Scientists, Creation vs Evolution, Evolution, FAIL!, Faith and Culture, Fundamentalism, Religion, Young Earth Creationism, Young-Earth Creation Organizations and tagged God and Evolution. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.