Foodful Friday: Lemon Cheesecake with Fruit-and-Jelly Topping
Note: When I say jelly, I am NOT referring to fruit preserve. I am referring to a gelatin dessert-type of food. US Americans refer to such foods by the brand name, Jell-O.
Now that I’ve got that cleared up….
I made this for my younger son’s birthday recently. He said he wanted a cheesecake and so I tried.
1 1/4 cups sweet biscuit crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 x 250g cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 x 400g can sweetened condensed milk
1 x 400g can mixed berries
1 x 85g packet jelly crystals (I used Port Wine flavour, but I reckon any berry flavour would work just as well.)
- Combine biscuit crumbs and butter, press onto the base of a 24cm spring form pan. Chill.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth, add lemon juice, sweetened condensed milk and beat well.
- Pour into prepared crumb crust. Chill until firm.
- Top chilled cheesecake with canned mixed berries.
- Prepare the jelly using 3/4 the amount of water the packet directions call for. I do this so the jelly will be firmer and not so wobbly. Pour jelly mixture carefully over the cheesecake.
- Return to refrigerator and chill until firm.
Candles are optional. 😉