Chinese New Year 2016
Chinese New Year is here again!
Clockwise from far left:
* Fish in Assam Sauce (used packaged sauce)
* Chinese Roast Pork aka Siew Yoke (made from scratch!)
* Chinese Roast Duck (Chinese takeaway)
* Chinese BBQ Pork aka Char Siew (used packaged seasoning)
* Cabbage, carrot, wood ear, lily flower, glass vermicelli stir-fry
* Fried noodles
* Szechuan Eggplant
Oh, and the rice (MUST have rice!!) is just off on the right.
Yes, that is a lot of food for just the six of us. But, I think I cooked enough extra so that we would have the obligatory leftovers to take into the new year without it being too overwhelming. I know this because the leftovers all fit comfortably in the fridge! There have been times in the past when I went overboard and it was a struggle to find room in the fridge to fit the leftovers. Maybe I’ve gotten better at cooking the ‘right’ amount. And maybe also my kids are getting older and eating more.
Orange Chiffon Cake and Red-and-Gold Fruit Salad for dessert. The cake tastes a LOT better than it looks.
Wishing you all a VERY Happy Chinese New Year!