Chicken and Chorizo Jambalaya
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4-6 chicken fillets, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup green beans
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g chorizo, sliced
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- 500g long grain rice
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 700ml chicken stock
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based frying pan/French oven and brown the chicken for 5-8 minutes until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Put in the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the green beans, garlic, chorizo and Cajun seasoning, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Stir the chicken back in. Add rice, tomatoes and stock. Stir until even.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the moisture is absorbed and the rice is tender.
I served it with a green salad and garlic bread.
This recipe fed our family of six with almost NO leftovers.